Sarah is a Vermont native who came to Connecticut to attend graduate school at UConn, and has been trying to leave ever since. She resides in the Farmington Valley with her husband and three daughters. Sarah has her Master of Public Administration and currently works for the Connecticut General Assembly, where her primary focus is on education finance. As a mom to three daughters staying fit and having a healthy attitude toward body image is an important part of her parenting beliefs. Maintaining the balancing act of parenting, marriage and work is essential to Sarah. If she’s not at work, she’s planning a fun activity or spending time with her daughters, and if you can’t find her there, she is enjoying some romantic and relaxing time with her husband. Sarah is an avid reader who likes to blog, run and organize in her spare time. As a former athlete Sarah is always on the lookout to compete, and has been known to challenge her pals to a friendly game of bowling, arm or leg wrestling or the occasional dance-off.
Sarah’s Runitlikeamom Run-Down:
* I have three daughters, ages 5, 3 and 1.
* I work part-time for the Connecticut General Assembly
* This past year I have stepped up my endurance and completed a 20K in September and a half marathon in October
* My short-term fitness goal includes toning my stomach– (three C-Sections later) one million sit-ups a day just isn’t cutting it. Long term I would like to stay in good enough shape so that I am able to run at least one half marathon a year.
* My five-year old recently said to me, “I think I would make a great pop star, I just can’t find any good back-up singers!”
* If I were stranded on an island with my three children I would want to have: (1) Epi-pens, (2) apples and (3) Shirty!!
* My favorite indulgences are ice cream and shopping.