Originally from the capital district area of New York, Patty made Connecticut her permanent residence after attending and meeting her future husband at the University of Connecticut (UConn) in Storrs. She also attended the UConn Law School and was a practicing attorney until she recently accepted a new career opportunity in the insurance industry. Patty adores the charm of New England and loves the fact she can spend a day at the beach, take a quick trip to New York City, or catch a game at Fenway Park with little or no planning due to their close proximity. She lives in the Hartford area with her husband and three children and they have a fun-loving but somewhat crazy black Labrador. She stays active with regular exercise in addition to chasing after her kids and she recently completed her first half-marathon. Besides running, she enjoys blogging, hiking and spending quality time with family and friends.
Patty’s Runitlikeamom Run-Down:
* I am extremely grateful to have two sweet and sassy daughters and a spunky little boy, ages 4, 2 and 1
* I am a licensed attorney employed by a large insurance company but not currently practicing law and I recently made the switch from part-time to full-time work.
* I now consider myself to be athletic but if you had asked me last year, I would have probably said something different. Running is my favorite way to stay fit and I have found that participating in races helps me stay excited and motivated to run.
* In terms of fitness goals, I would like to continue to run, possibly adding onto my distance and I would like to complete a triathlete event.
* My kids say hilarious stuff all the time. It is often the way they say things that makes them funny. Have you ever heard a two year old with attitude? Hysterical.
* If stranded alone on a desert island with my kids I would hope to have a knife, a blanket, and a lighter.
* My favorite personal indulgences are french fries and candy, namely sour gummy worms and gobstoppers.