A native New Yorker, Michelle fell in love with the Farmington Valley after she graduated from UConn. She quickly settled in, and began to grow new roots with the opening of her own child care facility. With over 25 years of experience in educating young children, she was blessed with a beautiful daughter of her own, thereby making the transition from teacher to mom. Having become a transplant again after their recent purchase of her husband’s childhood home in Suffield, CT, they are eager to blossom in this next life adventure. Michelle enjoys woodworking, painting, rehabilitating thrift store furniture, cooking, baking, gardening, reading and virtually any form of crafting. A vegetarian (sometimes vegan) since she was 11 years old, Michelle has a strong interest in health and nutrition, and has chosen to raise her daughter vegetarian as well. Her weekly exercise routine includes varying amounts of yoga, bike riding, dancing, meditation and walking to keep her mind and body strong.
Michelle’s Runitlikeamom Run Down:
* I have one daughter, Claire Michelle born July 13, 2011
* I am a full-time Daycare Director
* As a collegiate athlete, my former fitness level was pretty intense. Currently, I much prefer to maintain my strength training and stay active as much as possible.
* My favorite workout activity is anything I can include Claire in, usually walking or yoga.
* My fitness goals are to make it more of a daily priority, but again to include Claire. Due to a defect, Claire required heart surgery at 5 days old. Surgery was successful, however it left her with scar tissue which weakened the muscles surrounding her lung. The best remedy is for her to practice deep breathing, which inspires me to meditate with her daily. Yoga is also a natural choice to help her body stay strong.
* Claire recently threw my words back at me when she became upset in the car. “You no SASS me, momma! You NO sass ME!” at least I know she’s listening, right?
* If stranded on an island, I would absolutely require a radio for singing and dancing, some saran wrap so I can try my hand at constructing a solar oven, and our cat Stella. We wouldn’t want her to be lonely.
* My most favorite indulgence is peanut butter. No doubt. And smelling my daughter’s head- she’s not going to let me do that forever.