Lisa lives with her husband and two wild crazy boys, Jack (#1) and Michael (#2) on the western coast of Florida. Lisa attended UCONN for her undergraduate degree in Accountancy and received her MBA from Indiana University. Lisa “retired” from her financial analysis career in 2007 and began her career as a stay at home mom. A Connecticut native, born and raised, Lisa is raising her children globally, recently completing the family’s 4th major move in the last 7 years. Never a runner or a fitness guru, Lisa started running after the birth of her second child and became refocused in 2013 when she found an awesome personal trainer. Lisa has completed three half-marathons in 2013 and when not injured is hooked on training for many more races. Lisa loves the billboards that say, “Sweat is a fat crying” and believes age is just a number – every birthday should be enjoyed and celebrated. Lisa adores time with her family, good food and drink, running with her puppy, reading good books, the sound of children’s laughter, and the peaceful sound that sleeping children bring to her house. Bedtimes are strict in her house, because she is “off the clock at 8 p.m.” You can read Lisa’s weekly musings mid-day Tuesdays.
Lisa’s Runitlikeamom Run-Down:
* I have 2 children- Jack 8 years old and Michael 7 years old.
* Work status: SAHM
* My fitness level is…continuously improving.
* My favorite workout activity is swimming laps, but I also love a lot of variety in my work-outs. You can find me running, lifting weights, doing boot-campy drills and HIIT too.
*My short-term fitness goals are to complete a half-marathon in under 2 hours (70 seconds away), hold a 5 minute plank consistently, and always keep the muffin-top at bay.
* My kids say hilarious things all the time -Recently, my youngest declared the new puppy his princess then, quickly added that I will always be his queen. There is also a small movement in my house, organized by the boys that Thanksgiving should be a three day holiday, like “back then.” I crack up every time the boys talk about “then” and “now,” their world is so different than mine was growing up. There is also an ongoing movement to declare “Brother’s day” a holiday, since we have Mother’s and Father’s days. Their planning is hilarious.
* If stranded on an island with my kids I hope my husband is with me, as he’s the boy scout and rock star Daddy in our house! I also would absolutely need a satellite phone to call for a rescue asap. While waiting for rescue, good running/hiking shoes are a must as we are a family on the move constantly, and some family friendly board games would be put to good use once the sun when down.
* My favorite indulgence is food and drink. I’m horrible at depriving myself of things. I’m always up to try a new restaurant, get take-out food, or to meet up for lunch. At home we eat healthy, real food, non-processed, fresh, organic, and local as much as we can.