Born in Upstate New York, Jennifer spent her formative years in New Jersey, for high school, college, graduate school and beyond, obtaining degrees in Psychology and Environmental Management. Jennifer became a Connecticut resident in 2001 and has two daughters, currently aged 9 and 5. Currently working as an environmental consultant, Jennifer enjoys reading, cooking, working out, writing, goofing off with her kids and is always on the prowl for new movies and music.
Her weekly fitness routine consists of alternating home and group workouts with strength and cardio training. Jennifer loves physical challenges and in 2014 participated in various obstacle events as well as a number of organized walking/running events, ranging from the 2 mile Walk for the Penguins at Mystic Aquarium with her children to the 5.7 mile final leg of the Hartford Marathon as part of a relay team with four of her Runit sisters. Secretly, Jennifer wants to be a person who loves long-distance running and practices yoga as a daily activity, two items that have been on her bucket list for a while.
Jennifer’s Runitlikeamom Run Down:
* I have two daughters, ages 9 and 5.
* I am a full-time Environmental Consultant, managing investigations and remediation of contaminated sites.
* Fitness-wise, I consider myself a work-in-progress, but my current fitness level is so much higher than it was even a year ago. I was never an athlete, I lack agility and the desire to compete. However, I have made some great strides over the past few years in developing strength, tone and muscle, as well as improving my eating habits. Now if I could only ditch this wine habit…on second thought…nah!
* Currently, my favorite workout activities include Insanity classes and group training at the gym and home PiYo and T25 workouts. Running is creeping up the favorites list and currently resides at about #5.
* My current fitness goal is to find a way to be active with Lili and Liza more often; we run around the yard together and have spontaneous dance parties, but as they get older it would be great to take bike rides and hikes as a family on a more regular basis.
* My kids say things that make me laugh on a daily basis; I am constantly surprised by how different two children of the same gender and with the same genes can be so completely different from one another. Neither of them hesitates to engage in any kind of verbal challenge; their teenage years will certainly be interesting!
* If stranded on an island with my two little loves, assuming that food/shelter/safety weren’t a factor, I would require enough music and books for all of us and an unlimited supply of wine.
* My most favorite indulgence is napping; even if I don’t actually nap. This Momma needs quiet and solitude to recharge every once in awhile. My second favorite indulgence is blowing off chores, errands and whatever else is on the weekend To-Do List and letting the day take us where it will.