- A ride- When my car needs work I think (a) Can it wait until the weekend? and (b) I wonder if my mom is around so I can borrow her car. Every time.
- Help getting rid of stains- I’m famous for washing clothes and forgetting to check anything with a stain before I put it in the dryer. No joke, my mom can clear any stain faster and with fewer chemicals than the lady on the Tide commercial.
- Family recipes- There are a handful of meals my brothers and I always asked for growing up. No matter how many times I have made those dishes as an adult, I end up calling my mom to walk through something. Did I add enough cream? Do you add the broth to the roux or use water? Should I buy two pounds of chicken or three?
- Comfort when I’m sick- I’ve had headaches for as long as I can remember, and the only person who really knows how ease the pain is my mom. She knows exactly where the pressure points are, when the episode is likely hormonal and when it’s been brought on by stress. She knows because they’re hereditary, but I love her anyways.
- Anything else I need help with but am too embarrassed to ask anyone else.
Disclaimer: I do realize how lucky I am to call that beautiful person my mom.
Latest posts by Emily Perillo (see all)
- Thirty-Five Years Old and I Still Depend on my Mom for… - March 7, 2017
- Peace Out 2016 - December 15, 2016
- Remembering with Love - December 14, 2016