I adore my crockpot. Seriously, it’s a life saver for me. BUT, if I’m being honest, not everything that goes into the crockpot comes out tasting as good as I would like it to. In fact, there have been some outright awful meals served to my family from the crockpot. There have been times when my daughter has looked up at me with disappointed eyes and said, “aw, crockpot again?”
Dinnertime failures caused by me messing up and overcooking our food or just a bad recipe have happened over the years, but I have learned some tips through trial and error and most of the time, I can now say that our crockpot dinners are not only edible, they are tasty! That being said, trying a new recipe is always a bit of a gamble.
I recently tried a new recipe for healthy turkey chili that was shared in one of my Facebook food groups and it was a big success! We served the chili with egg noodles since 2 of my kids are not super fond of chili by itself, and we also added toppings such as cheddar cheese, scallions and sour cream.
I will definitely make this chili again. Trust me when I say that this is a crockpot recipe you should try.
• Two 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
• 1 large can of tomato sauce
• 2 pounds of lean ground turkey
• 4 Tablespoons of chili powder
• One 15 ounce can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• One 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
• One 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 green pepper, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
1. Brown the ground turkey with chili powder in large skillet and drain.
2. Add the meat, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, green pepper, and onion to crockpot.
3. Cook in crockpot on high for 4 hours then set to warm.
• You may need to add water. I filled the empty tomato sauce can with water and added to the crockpot and this worked out well.
What is your favorite crockpot recipe? I am always looking for more yummy and healthy options to add to our crockpot rotation.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- Perk Up with Morning Miles - May 9, 2017
- New Year, New YOU - January 17, 2017
- Last Minute Holiday Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List - December 13, 2016