The first day of school is always bittersweet for me. While I am looking forward to running errands alone and no longer having to schedule in work outs, I will also miss being able to spend time with my kids. Summers are so wonderful and getting back into a new routine can be hard.
I love packing cute and healthy lunches for my kids (as you know) and I always try to make the first day back to school a little special.
Adding a special lunchbox note is a great way to add some fun! We love using Lunchbox Love Cards but you can really find these anywhere. The card shown was from my local grocery store 🙂
This 1st Day of School Lunchbox is packed with:
- peppers, carrots and broccoli
- a small amount of ranch dressing in a bento box bottle
- strawberries and blueberries
- a sandwich on swirl bread cut into quarters
- and a healthy fruit snack
Cupcake picks or rings are also a fun add-on for the first day! I found this on Amazon but stores like Target carry them seasonally in their baking aisle as well.
This lunch was packed with a Lunchbox Love Card and:
- carrots and cucumbers
- strawberry hearts
- a simple Sunbutter sandwich (nut free)
- and a gluten and allergy free cereal bar
And don’t forget CHOCOLATE! I always have some in the house and it microwaves in a few seconds. Simply fill the melted chocolate in a sandwich bag, cut off a small corner and you can pipe any message you want! Pop in the freezer for a minute before packing in the lunchbox!
This studious lunch contains:
- cheese crackers
- strawberry hearts
- a homemade Uncrustable with a melted chocolate message
And since my kids love Literary Lunches, I had to include a book lunch, of course. The book The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School is a fun book for elementary school kids and make a great first day of school lunch!
This lunch is packed with:
- apple slices
- a sandwich made with a Gingerbread Man sandwich cutter and Nori
- strawberries and
- a gluten free and allergy free cereal bar
Hope you and your kids have an amazing first day of school!