Hey Runit moms, have you ever noticed the similarities?
10. Some days you just don’t feel like doing it, but you have to. Come on, you know you’d be lying if you said that you looked forward to every tantrum or long training run!
9. You will be stronger both mentally and physically. Chasing after your little ones and logging miles will build muscles while dealing with kiddie shenanigans and pushing through to the finish will make you mentally strong.
8. You may find yourself in stinky situations. Which do you dread more? Race day porta-potties or blowout diapers?
7. Both will go better if you get a good night’s rest. Staying up late the night before a big run or a day of solo kid duty is a major No-No!
6. Mo Money! Running races and raising kids are expensive! While marathon entry fees and running gear may not add up to years of extracurricular activities and college tuition, being a runner can put a dent in your wallet!
5. Opportunities to make new friends. Runners have a lot in common as do moms. With so much to talk about, it’s easy to make new friends while running a race or pushing your babe on the swing at the playground. So tell me, why haven’t you joined that local running club or moms’ group yet?!
4. Hands down, dress down! Sneakers and comfy clothes will make running much more enjoyable whether you are running a 10 miler or an errand with kids in tow.
3. Music will make it more fun! Rocking out with the kids is always a good time, and a great playlist can keep you going for a few more miles.
2. Bring on the tears. Running and raising kids will both make you cry. Happy tears will flow when you cross the finish line or watch your child succeed, and tears of sadness or anger may follow a difficult training run or fallout with a misbehaving rebel. Running injuries can also turn on the waterworks, especially if it may mean sitting out a big race.
1. In the end, it’s all worth it. Your hard work will pay off. Without a doubt!
Some of the proudest moments of my life…
Photos may not be used without permission.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- Perk Up with Morning Miles - May 9, 2017
- New Year, New YOU - January 17, 2017
- Last Minute Holiday Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List - December 13, 2016