The other day I was driving down the road with my family.
“Slow down!” I asked my husband…
“WOW! Did you see the fuel belt on that guy!”
No, I’m not kidding. I had my husband slow down so I could check out the swanky fuel belt I spotted on a fellow runner. My husband, who is not a runner, shook his head and sighed at my fuel belt envy.
The incident made me think…us runners have a whole language all our own, a world filled with gear, and race shirts, training plans, strategies, and PRs.
It’s so easy to compliment another runner, whether you compliment their gear, pace, stride or determination. It’s easy, it makes people good, and we should do it more often.
Whether you are a single runner, married, or a divorced runner. Here are my top ten pick-up lines. You never know, one line could start a conversation, which could turn into a meet-up, which could turn into a life-long running relationship and maybe, just maybe a #BRB (Best Running Buddy)! So go ahead…give them a try!
- Nice fuel belt!
- My pace or yours?
- Do you prefer the half or full?
- How frequently do you Gu?
- Are those compression shorts or do you always look that good?
- Do you race often?
- Let’s sprint when we are close!
- I like how your sneakers fit!
- You can KT tape me anytime you want!
- Sorry, I couldn’t help but notice your stride…
Latest posts by vtnative (see all)
- A Letter to my Middle Daughter, who is Exactly Like her Father - May 1, 2017
- True Story…I am the Worst Ever! - April 3, 2017
- On Raising Strong Women - March 9, 2017