Being a mom is so much more than just being a mom. I think most will agree that motherhood changes your life in some seriously profound ways. But, I thought I’d have a little fun today and put together a Throwback Thursday tribute to our every day lives and routines pre-babies!
- Remember when 6 hours of sleep did not feel like enough and you actually contemplated calling out sick from work to keep sleeping?
- On that note, remember when you could actually take a legit sick day?
- Remember when a 15 minute shower was rushing to get ready?
- Remember when you felt like you took it easy that weekend because you only went out on Saturday night, and not on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night?
- On that note, remember when you used to start a night out at 10pm?
- Remember when you were on time, all the time?
- Remember when you could pee in privacy?
- Remember when your house would stay clean for more than 20 minutes?
- Remember when you finished your morning coffee before it got cold?
- Remember when all you needed to leave the house was your handbag, cellphone and wallet…and that was all you needed to stay out of the house for as long as you liked?
- Remember when your trunk was actually empty?
- Remember when you didn’t have to think twice about running simple errands, including grocery shopping?
- Remember when Amazon Prime did not deliver a package to your home on a weekly (or daily in my case) basis?
I could keep going and going, but (and here is the cliche line) I think at the end of the day, we will all agree, it is so very worth it.