We see challenges all the time. The challenge to eat less sugar, do more push ups, get in more steps, and even planks! So, ok, here’s a challenge we can all get behind, the Be Thankful Challenge! What are you truly thankful for? As we approach the day of giving thanks (sorry, but’s it’s just too soon: see parody here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGJL5skqAVg
How do you count the ways that you truly give thanks? The falling leaves? Rain. Those quiet moments in the car after drop off. Sleeping children all in their own beds. A job. A home. Family. Friends. Grocery bill. Whatever they are, here is my challenge to you. Thirty days. I realize it’s November 20th, who cares! Take thirty days and truly give thanks every day. Write it down. Even it seems silly or major. It’s your own, so be thankful and claim it. Here are some tips to help guide you in the challenge:
- If it’s important to you, then it’s worth giving thanks: The goal is to engage in something daily and it’s about the moment of thanks, don’t let it pass you. Write it down! Keep a journal, paper, or pad of paper.
- Again, it doesn’t matter if it is big or small: Gratitude adds up!
- Share your thanks: Get out there on your social media and share what you’re doing, it may really touch someone who is struggling or having a bad day. You never know what your small act of gratitude could do for someone who is watching! Or just tell someone if sharing on social media isn’t your thing. Or a simple picture is worth everything.
- Be creative in your own unique way: Create a gratitude board or sharing board or jar with your friends or family members. This is a great way to share the love. Post your daily gratitude somewhere or make it a family project!
- Keep it simple: Because giving thanks is simple. Don’t over think it, we have enough stress in our lives. Really, trust me.
Life is a series of moments; this thirty-day challenge is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on those moments and be in slow motion and in quiet reflection to remember the things that are truly in our hearts. Remember to press the pause button, count the ways that you love thee, and be reminded of all the wonderful things in this world to be truly thankful for. Be blessed this Thanksgiving season. Be loved, be bold, be brave and most important, be thankful.
Learn, Love and Live
Latest posts by Kenna Grant (see all)
- Super Foods for your Super Body that you can Super Afford! - July 19, 2016
- And when you’re in a slump…un-slumpling yourself is not easily done - May 13, 2016
- Let the Sunshine! - April 15, 2016