Our youngest daughter is going to turn five this week. She may still be a little girl, but she is full of wisdom! I’ve learned so much from her over the last half decade and some of it is definitely worth sharing.
1. Don’t take good health for granted EVER. Paityn taught us right from the start that our health should not be taken for granted. She caught a virus as an infant and spiked a fever which landed us in the emergency room. I previously blogged about our baby in the ER experience and you can read about it here.
2. Slow and steady may not win the race, but it’s a win. Paityn may not be the fastest, but she is willing to go the distance and with a little encouragement and help from yours truly, she’s completed two 1 mile fun runs and a bunch of shorter distance kids races. I’m so proud of my girl for getting out there and pushing herself to the finish, and what’s most important is that she had fun doing it! WIN WIN!
3. Confidence is your most important accessory. Those of you that know Paityn probably know how much she loves clothes and shoes. She has been known to change her outfit multiple times a day and bring an extra pair of shoes to school in her backpack because she can’t decide which ones to wear. Although some of her choices in outfits may seem a bit crazy, she thinks they look great and she owns it! It’s hard not to look good when you believe in yourself!
4. The art of persuasion begins with sound logic. Believe it or not, Paityn is the Devil’s Advocate in our house. For such a young mind, this girl can come up with a logical reason for almost anything. If I hadn’t already learned this in law school, she would have definitely taught me that there are two sides to every story and an argument can be made for anything. When she bumped her brother with the door, she told me “it’s his fault the door hit him, I told him to get out of the way!” She’s kind of got a point. 😉
5. Silliness can cure the blues. Although this is starting to change as she gets older (and moodier), Paityn is still the most laid back lady in our house and is usually smiling. She loves being silly and can make me laugh in seconds by saying something funny or being goofy. Feeling down? Try doing something silly! You’ll feel better almost instantly.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- Perk Up with Morning Miles - May 9, 2017
- New Year, New YOU - January 17, 2017
- Last Minute Holiday Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List - December 13, 2016