If you are looking to change up your annual fall pumpkin painting/carving project with the kids for something equally as fun, consider making haunted houses which can be saved and used as Halloween decorations year after year.
I can’t take full credit for this idea as it was suggested by one of my friends who is not only an incredible cook, she is somewhat of a kids’ craft master.
What you will need:
- Bird houses
- Black or dark gray spray paint
- Halloween decorations such as foam stickers, figurines, spiders, cob webs, glitter, etc.
We assigned the Dads the task of spraying the bird houses about an hour or so before we wanted to decorate them but depending on the age of your children, you could allow the kids to paint the houses. You could also use craft paint and a brush instead of spray paint.
Once the bird houses are painted and dry, let the haunted madness begin! We allowed the kids have at it and were on standby to assist our little monsters when needed with cutting and glue. Our older kids really didn’t need any help but my 3 year old did.
We not only had a blast doing something fun with our good friends, we now have a spooky haunted village to enjoy.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- Perk Up with Morning Miles - May 9, 2017
- New Year, New YOU - January 17, 2017
- Last Minute Holiday Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List - December 13, 2016