So here’s the deal, I’ve been getting migraines after I run, and I need some help figuring out why. It happens under various circumstances- morning, evening, hot days, cool days, when I’ve only had water to drink and when I’ve been chugging Gatorade, and even when I’m well rested or exhausted. The main instigators seem to be the length of time I am running and my exertion level. Last night I ran about 30 seconds faster per mile for 25 minutes, and two hours later I was huddled on the couch squeezing my head.
I have a few theories I plan on testing over the next couple of weeks, but I would love some suggestions. Some things I am going to try are:
- Eating more, particularly protein
- Running more frequently (at least 4 days a week)
- Taking a Tylenol before I run
Has this ever happened to anyone? What was the cause? What was the fix? I’d love your insight.
Latest posts by Emily Perillo (see all)
- Thirty-Five Years Old and I Still Depend on my Mom for… - March 7, 2017
- Peace Out 2016 - December 15, 2016
- Remembering with Love - December 14, 2016