With the sweet spot of summer hovering directly over us, it’s time to take advantage of all summer has to offer.
After a fourth of July weekend filled with traveling, swimming, playing, and visiting family, my girls and I decided to brainstorm our plans for the coming month. We made our own July bucket list!
The girls are hopeful we accomplish the following in the next twenty-five summer days:
– Go to a new bounce house
– Go to a new playground
– Water flowers
– Eat apples and peaches
– Go berry picking
– Go swimming
– Have Dre Dre babysit
– Go to Burlington
– Enjoy the beach
– Use our waterslide
After brainstorming, I realized my girls’ bucket list incorporates their favorite summer memories. While not overly adventurous, their ideas are honest and come from memories they cherish.
As for me, I added a few of my own items to the bucket list:
– Get in one long run (at least 6 miles) once a week
– Relax on vacation
– Drink good Vermont beer
– Sit in the rocking chairs on the front porch and watch the sun set
– Make blueberry muffins for breakfast
– Be spontaneous at least once a week
– Sleep in on a rainy morning
While some of my items are easier to achieve than others, I find my list doable, and I look forward to all that July has to offer. Here’s to crossing items off our July bucket list!
What’s on your bucket list?
Photos may not be used without permission.
Latest posts by vtnative (see all)
- A Letter to my Middle Daughter, who is Exactly Like her Father - May 1, 2017
- True Story…I am the Worst Ever! - April 3, 2017
- On Raising Strong Women - March 9, 2017