Sometimes it’s easy to feel like you just can’t get things done, and life’s annoyances are stacking up against you. I’m not talking about life changing problems, just every day aggravations. To that end, some friends and I have started celebrating the little things in a new game we like to call, “Nailed it!” Here are some recent examples:
- I transitioned all of my sleeping children from the car to their beds without waking anyone up. Nailed it!
- I made it through an entire grocery store trip without children even attempting to hurtle themselves out of the shopping cart OR any impulse buys. Nailed it!
- I ran 16 miles on limited sleep and bathroom breaks in a van with 10 strangers. Nailed it!
- I held a 5 minute conversation with the coworker who makes me want to poke my eye out without poking out my eye. Nailed it!
- I passed my field sobriety test with flying colors (because I was sober). Nailed it!
- I forgot a regular diaper for my 18 month old to put on after swim lessons so she went home in a swim diaper and a towel and did not ruin the car seat. Nailed it!
- My daughter asked me if I liked bugs and I said yes…and she bought it. Nailed it!
- I took the dog and the kids out for a jog at 6am, and no one ran away. Nailed it!
- I recited every word of “Giraffes Can’t Dance!” without even peeking. Nailed it!
- I shook hands with a “higher-up” at work while on my way to the bathroom with a tampon up my sleeve. Nailed it!
What have you nailed lately?
Latest posts by Emily Perillo (see all)
- Thirty-Five Years Old and I Still Depend on my Mom for… - March 7, 2017
- Peace Out 2016 - December 15, 2016
- Remembering with Love - December 14, 2016