We’re definitely experiencing “Spring Fever” in our house in more ways than one this year. Here are some examples:
1. The need to be outside and running around is so intense you’d think a monster lived in our house. We’ve been for family walks, chased each other around the yard, played in the sandbox, and built a snowman (and snow dog)…all in the same day.
2. The house, while still in need of improvement, hasn’t been this consistently tidy in months. The girls are even getting in on the action- wiping down the ottomans, toy bins and any surface they can reach (living room wall? sure!). They’ve even been seen pushing around the vacuum and mop (let’s hope they show this much interest in 10 years).
3. The runny noses, coughs, stomach bugs, and full on fevers have hit us all. I’m hoping that’s finished (not that I don’t love this face).
4. The sun can make even the really cold days feel like the prelude to an awesome vacation. That bright, warm light just makes me happy!
5. The weekly menu is fresh and inspired by warm-weather favorites. We had chicken Caesar salad the other night with a loaf of crusty bread… and a cocktail.
6. The infusion of lighter and brighter Spring pieces are seriously improving my wardrobe. Today I am wearing a florescent pink and orange skirt and last week I even came to work without…wait for it…wearing tights!
7. The adult bedroom scene has been kicked up a notch- I believe the phrase is “like jack rabbits.” HIYOOO!
What positive changes has Spring brought about for you?
Latest posts by Emily Perillo (see all)
- Thirty-Five Years Old and I Still Depend on my Mom for… - March 7, 2017
- Peace Out 2016 - December 15, 2016
- Remembering with Love - December 14, 2016