We all have to grocery shop, it is just a fact of life. For me, this awful time is usually early Sunday morning, after a long weekend of birthday parties, soccer, catching up on work, ladies’ night, or over indulging in House of Cards and ice cream. Anyway you slice it, when Sunday morning rolls around I’m usually an exhausted (and sometimes hung over) grocery shopper! Here are seven signs you’re in the same boat:
(1) Upon entering the store and fetching your cart, you head straight to the Gatorade aisle, grab the first one you see, open it, chug it, and toss the bottle into your cart. Now you are re-hydrated and ready to go!
(2) You’re wearing the same outfit as you were the night before, and if you’re really lucky, the same make-up,
(3) You pass by the same spot eight times but can’t remember why you are there? It’s not until three seconds after you walk in the front door you realize you forgot the damn raisins!
(4) The roasting chickens behind the deli counter either make you famished or want to dry heave, it’s hard to really tell the difference at this point,
(5) You’re thankful the curtain is pulled down over the beer section, because you don’t want a Gatorade incident, and the thought of another Corona is causing the same feelings as the roasting chickens.
(6) You see your child’s daycare teacher and you’re either unrecognizable, or she’s avoiding you…or a combination of the two,
(7) The fish counter actually smells more delightful than you do,
So, the next time you are out battling the aisles, being the weekend shopping warrior you are…don’t judge your fellow parents, shuffling through the store in a state of complete exhaustion, cheer them on! Encourage them; raise your Gatorade and make a toast to getting the job done!
Latest posts by vtnative (see all)
- A Letter to my Middle Daughter, who is Exactly Like her Father - May 1, 2017
- True Story…I am the Worst Ever! - April 3, 2017
- On Raising Strong Women - March 9, 2017