I realize many of you reading this post have actual things to be really annoyed about, like say, blizzards and power outages. In looking back through this list, I can see how my thoughts below may seem trivial in comparison, but sometimes you have to keep it real and say what is on your mind…and today, my mind is annoyed. Maybe it’s hormones, maybe it’s stress, but I find myself annoyed a lot at the things people say lately.
Here is a list of some of the top annoyances I have heard over the last week.
1. It’s 8:20 am, the time I need to leave the house, and I am scrambling to get my son and I out the door when I hear the house phone ring. I know it is my husband because he is the only one who calls our house phone. The only reason we have a house phone is because he said I never answer my cell phone. The phone rings and rings and rings, as I stand in the bathroom with my son who decided last minute he needed to go “potty”, and when I finally get to pick it up, the first thing my husband says is “What took you so long to answer?” Really?
2. “I really want a girl (read I really want you to have a girl)” Hm, ok I will be sure to remember that if we end up having a boy. A second son would mean major disappointment for you, I got it. No, this one did not come from my husband, thankfully!
3. Ten minutes into some serious rush hour traffic and I hear my sweet son’s voice call out from the back seat, “Mommy, my pee-pee is coming out!” Awesome, accident number one of the day….check!
4. “Why?” “Why?” “Why?” “Why?” “Why?” I must get asked this question 100 times a day, and if my son is not asking why, he is asking me, “What’s it doing?” or “Where’s it going?” Why – because that is just the way it is. Where is it going – I just don’t know! What’s it doing – you tell me. Really, I love that he is inquisitive, but I can only come up with so many answers before I get annoyed.
5. It’s 5:00, another busy time in my household. 5:00 is TV time for Landon while I make my way into the kitchen to cook his dinner and start prepping dinner for my husband and I, and inevitably, I hear the house phone ring. Yes, it is my husband again, “What’s for dinner?” You will see for yourself in another hour and a half when you get home, and when you do get home, please tell me it looks delicious!
6. “Are you sure you are not having twins?” Yes, yes I am sure, but thank you for telling me you think I look huge. Again, no, this one was not my husband, thankfully!
7. “Ma’am, just wanted to let you know you have a completely flat tire.” Now, in all fairness, I am not annoyed at the kind stranger who informed me that my car needed some attention. I was very thankful he told me. However, nothing is more annoying than getting a flat tire 30 minutes from home with a hungry and tired toddler in your backseat. Actually, I take that back, upon returning back to Tire’s Plus this morning to have the new tire installed, I heard the words, “Oh, no one called you? We had to order the tire, it will not be here for a few more hours. You will just have to come back or wait for it.” Flat tires, yes, they are extra annoying!