“Though I know I’ll never lose affection, for people and things that went before…I know I’ll often stop and think about them, but in my life, I love you more.” Lennon-McCartney.
More things I want my daughters to know….sooner or later.
- I’m not stupid.
- YES I have eyes in the back of my head.
- Sometimes… and especially long, cold weekends when we’re shut in the house and we are at each other’s throats and I say I want to run away…for at least a split second, I mean it
- I make mistakes. A lot.
- I lose my temper. Quickly.
- If an intruder or a fire or other danger ever enters our house, I will get you to safety. I have actually obsessed about this enough to have put everything physically and mentally in place to ensure you a safe exit.
- Okay, I don’t ACTUALLY have eyes in the back of my head; but I can tell quickly if you are lying to me and I WILL ALWAYS KNOW WHAT YOU’RE UP TO.
- Stop trying to determine who loves who more. I will always love you more.
- I had two of you so that you’d be there for each other when I am no longer here for you.
- I love you both equally, but differently.
- Birth order has something to do with that.
- #1, I will always be tougher on you. #2, I’ll always let you get away with more.
- However; #1, there will always be more pictures of you and artifacts of your childhood and reminders of milestones . #2, well, sorry about that.
- I’ve forgotten all but the most basic of math equations.
- I will never stop correcting your grammar, word pronunciations, and sentence structures.
- Brushing your teeth is actually really important.
- Don’t drink and don’t do drugs. And don’t ask me about either of those things, because I will lie.
- Take care of your bodies. Feed, exercise and treat your body properly.
- My job is to keep you safe, keep you healthy, and to do my best to make sure you’re not assholes productive members of society.
- Chew with your mouth closed and don’t talk with food in your mouth!
- I’m not your BFF, I’m not even your FF or BF. I’m your MOM. See #19. Tell me what you want to tell me, keep the secrets you want to keep (but know that I ALWAYS KNOW WHAT YOU’RE UP TO). I am always here for you, but I am also always judging, just a little bit, so be careful with what you share, especially as you grow older.
- The exasperated looks I give your Grammie sometimes? You’ll give them to me. But you need to know that she has always been the MOST IMPORTANT PERSON in my life, right along with your Poppie. If I can give you even a percentage of the support they have given me, you will be very fortunate.
- I will always have your back. It is one of the best gifts my parents gave to me, and I can promise you the same.
- You are smart, beautiful, unique and can change the world. Just please value your mind above everything else. Never stop learning and never stop wanting to learn.
- I. WILL. ALWAYS. LOVE. YOU. MORE.