I have three little interrupters in my house. Good luck trying to hold an adult conversation. I understand it’s a learned social skill and believe me, I’m working on it. However, I have three little someones who always have something to say, and some of it, frankly, is hysterical…here are some of my favorite musings from the past couple of months:
– “Why can Daddy grow a beard, but not any hair on his head?” I have been asking myself the same thing for years.
– “Come quick! Tucker (our dog) is licking his penis! GROSS! Someone really needs to teach him how to use his paw.” She does have a point.
– “I don’t poop, I’m a girl.” In response… “Everyone poops, that’s life.” When my six-year old gives life lessons to my toddler, priceless.
– “Sometimes I misbehave, but most of the time I’m just awesome.” Riiiiggghhht.
– “Yum, these chicken wings are delicious, they are my favorite part of the pig.” Apparently, I’m raising the next Jessica Simpson.
– “Reading is stupid, learning is stupid, being smart is stupid.” Clearly, I have failed as a parent.
– “He doesn’t LIKE me…he’s CRAZY about me.” Dear God, wait until she’s a teenager.
– “When I’m an adult I’m going to let my kids eat cereal at every meal, even for snack!” Am I really having an argument about cereal?
– “Mee Moo is old, she’s older than God.” Be warned, anyone who is retired could be older than God.
– “Your friend is from Russia? Wow! That must be a long bus ride.” I can’t make this stuff up.
As frustrating as power struggles can be with little ones, some of the dialogue and reflections that come out of their mouths is priceless. I fully intend to write it all down, and laugh about it when they have children of their own.
What are some good one-liners you’ve recently heard?
Latest posts by vtnative (see all)
- A Letter to my Middle Daughter, who is Exactly Like her Father - May 1, 2017
- True Story…I am the Worst Ever! - April 3, 2017
- On Raising Strong Women - March 9, 2017